1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Bob Avellini is no Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Some High school teams don't make such a litany of mistakes.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Destiny's Child was on the Rolling Stone cover in 2001.

[​IMG]

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I originally assumed (and still kind of hope) that this was a brilliant joke, but then off of the reply clicked on the article and saw that it did actually mention her age.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Have the winner and runners-up to the Battle of the Bands perform. Competition, battle of 8 HBCU marching bands, takes place on January 23, 2013.

5. sportbook

sportbook Member

I'm kind of interested to see if the Ravens offense can carry them. However, the defense even with Lewis and Webb couldn't get anyone off of the field. Baltimore is leading the NFL in yards per play but against Dallas they had 30 fewer snaps and had the ball for 20 fewer minutes. The Ravens had 316 total yards and 24 points in less than 20 minutes against a pretty solid defense.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Inspired by the thread title ...

[​IMG]

This photo sums up the 1970s Bears pretty well: A handoff to Roland Harper, up the middle, with defenders already in the backfield.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. shockey

shockey Active Member

ozzie newsome is praying that lewis retires. the ravens desperately want his retirement to be voluntary and not become a messy divorce. 'cause ozzie and harbaugh have known for a couple of seasons that ray has been living off his reputation for quite a while now.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

And Abe throws his hat, though I suppose that was at Bobby Douglas. ;D

Anyway, just read Jimmy Haslam's bid to buy the Browns has been approved. Holmgren out, Joe Banner in and, despite Haslam's claim, the Pat Shurmur era will be coming to a quick end.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Heavens, I'm old enough that I saw Bob Avellini play live, although at the time he was handing off to Walter Payton.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think the concept of messy divorces exists anymore in the NFL. The salary cap has made fans very accepting of a team's need to turn the page. Manning would have been a very messy deal in years past, and although there was some heat and emotion around it, for the most part it was generally accepted as what's right for both sides.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If you bail on Vick now, who do you turn to?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20574082/harrison-ive-had-doubledigit-concussions

James Harrison actually did something intelligent, becoming the first NFL player to special padding inside his helmet to protect himself from concussions. According to the story, about 100 more have done it since.

Harrison also claims suffering from "concussion-like symptoms" at least 10 times in his career, which may explain a thing or two. On a more serious note, that is a bit of a concern since i don't think he has ever missed a game with a concussion.

Draft saved Draft deleted