1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Bob Avellini is no Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 16, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/next-up-on-the-andy-reid-chopping-block-mike-vick/

This would be wonderful.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Romo @ Newton, does someone actually have to win?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Given the Steelers' inability to win on the road and the way that defense is playing, I don't like their chances. Should be a ton of points scored, though. The Bengals did just get lit up by the Browns.

Watching the injury reports so far out of Pittsburgh. Looks like Mendenhall, Pouncey and Woodley have a good shot to play. Polamalu will not. No word yet on Redman or Gilbert. Maybe Tomlin will have the sense to dress more than seven offensive linemen this week.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wait - YBGKFM - I actually thought you were joking then I just went to ESPN.com - is Andy Reid for real?

He hires a guy with no experience and is surprised that he is not very good?

And more importantly - is it just me or is the biggest problem with that team the fact that their quarterback has a shitload of turnovers?

5. Mendenhall is going to play sparingly. They activated Dwyer.

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Beyonce is reportedly going to be the Super Bowl halftime act.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/beyonce-knowles-super-bowl-halftime-show-101612

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

That's nice; I'm still not watching.

8. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

That's what I say about college football.

Better than two pot-bellied old men who make a rock windmill look like a chore, though.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Yeah, because when I think music that goes good with football, I think Beyonce.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

You're just not ready for her jelly is all.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Timberlake and Samberg as the dance troupe?

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I didn't realize she was that old.

Draft saved Draft deleted