1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Bob Avellini is no Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 16, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Two weeks ago, Thursday's 49ers-Seahawks game looked like a boring mismatch. Now it's a battle for first place.

Two games I'm interested in Sunday are Redskins-Giants and Ravens-Texans. Shanahan has had New York's number lately, and it would be typical for the Giants to have a letdown after dismantling the 49ers. Also, it's always fun to watch RG3. As for the latter, I expect Houston to rebound against Baltimore and make life difficult for Flacco.

Monday night it's Bears-Lions.

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Which 49ers team shows up? The one that no team can beat even if they are on too or the shell that showed up in Minnesota and against New York?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8509864/jason-garrett-admits-mistakes-game-management-dallas-cowboys-loss

A full recounting of how the Cowboys wasted their final 22 seconds. Players running deep routes when the only goal is to get 8 more yards. Those players walking back to the huddle. The guy who caught the pass arguing with the ref. The pass itself being a 1-yarder that kept the clock running. Sending Romo to the field with only one play called.

Jason Garrett is done.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good question. I still have a hard time grasping that they lost to a very average Vikings team.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is where RG3 comes back to reality a bit. Even though the O-line has exceeded very low expectations so far (thanks in part to RG3's mobility), I can't imagine them being able to handle the Giants defensive front, and RG3 will be rushed into a couple INTs. Also, Eli will throw for 10 million yards. Skins are like second in the league in turnover ratio. Not after Sunday.

Bad spot for the Skins this week. Lay the points. And take the over. 34-20.

I'd love to be dead wrong.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You would have been twice last year. On paper, it looks like a complete mismatch. Manning, Cruz and whoever else catches passes should have field days, and Griffin should be under constant pressure, but Manning and the Giants absolutely sucked against the Redskins last year, and, as I mentioned, it would be typical of them to have a major letdown. Manning only had three games last year in which he didn't throw a TD; two of them came against Washington. Ultimately, though, I think this will be more of a shootout than people think. 34-29 Giants.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not sure the Vikings are mediocre. Harvin has played out of his mind this year.

Thursday night football has been great this season. I'm guessing the first team to 15 wins.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Akers vs. Hauschka!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if Smith's finger played a role in him shitting the bed against the Giants... I doubt that's the case, but it would make me feel a little better if it was...

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In the story that wouldn't die, Jonathan Vilma expected to practice with the Saints this week:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8507640/jonathan-vilma-new-orleans-saints-allowed-play-bucs

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Even though I give 9-7 a decent shot to win the AFC North, the loser of Steelers-Bengals is in deep you-know-what.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Juan Castillo becomes the first scapegoat in Philly. Fired as D-coordinator.

Draft saved Draft deleted