1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 13, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Great band name.

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The rare, 10-syllable band name.

They'd be known as CRA. Like Creedence.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Usually, that's correct. Not this time.

He stuck his nose in this one. Too bad if he didn't like the fact that protruding noses get smacked off faster than he can down a crabcake sandwich.

Parmesan brought out his sock puppet and thought he was going to walk by. No chance.

OOP, Delhomme was at fault for one INT and a fumble. The last INT - the one rememebered by many - was not solely of his doing. The offensive line didn't run-block for crap and that didn't help anyone wearing a black jersey that night. I can look at this objectively. Jake Delhomme has been absolutely brutal far too often and his confidence has to be shattered. But there's a difference between discussing and cheap shots. Parmesan was dying to take a cheap shot and Sonner usually knows better, but since he wanted to fling crap along with the troll ... well ...

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sam, seriously, relax. I'm sure Sonner wasn't trying to antagonize you. And I don't think Gene "I say we when referring to Denver sports teams" Parmesan was even trying to start shit...just pointing out that Delhomme has been gawd awful all year long and that the Panthers would be better off with just about anyone else.

And I'm sorry, but that includes Cutler. I understand and appreciate they probably didn't want him b/c he's a bitch boy, but you know what? Bitch boys are tolerated in a lot of places, and I have a feeling the Panthers would tolerate him, too, if he was their QB. They've put up with Steve Smith this long, right?

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Your dishonesty and thin regard for objectivity fools no one around here who's been paying any attention. Understand that.

A lot of people who post here obviously watch a lot of football, and not just the teams they follow. You rush to judgment on a Cutler or Delhomme and then have the gonads to admit you haven't watched them play this season.

Harder, you must try.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

More fail by you, JLB. I said I had watched Cutler in all of one game and part of another. I don't think I made it clear either way how much I have watched Delhomme, though I am basing much of my judgement on statistics.

If you're going to go for a gotcha post, at least make sure you are right. Of course, that would be a first for you.

I have never claimed that I have no bias at all when it comes to the Steelers. Not once. You, on the other hand, try to act like you have no axe to grind against them when anybody who has been paying attention knows better.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This thread needs a dance break.

Do the Brett Favre Boogie:

Now, head over to Week Seven and post your love for Brett!

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh cripes ... Ritalin Child has been tolerated. He's obviously quite special, which is code for he's going to given a lot more rope. And he's used just about every strand of it.

About all that Jake Delhomme and Jay Cutler have in common is that they are human beings and play quarterback in the NFL. Otherwise, it's apples and oranges. Distinctly different personalities, offensive systems and coaching staffs handling them in different manners. Never tried to claim that Delhomme was the greatest thing since Dan Marino, Rick Mirer or Ron Powlus or that Cutler sucks at everything. Cutler is a headache, but obviously the Bears fans are hoping to weather the storms he might cause.

OTOH, Delhomme's rotten play has tested every Panthers fan - including this one. And the FACT is they don't have better alternatives on their own roster. I'm sure Parmesan will find some way to twist the above fact, too ... but until someone high enough on the team's food chain wants to give Matt Moore a chance or feels that A.J. Feeley has mastered the playbook at some level, it will be Delhomme.

And BYH ... you don't think Parmesan was trying to start crap? Really?

So what the hell was this?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, that was funny. I do feel a little bit bad for laughing at it.

Inspired by Robot Chicken?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would not be stunned to see Shanahan and Gruden coaching at colleges next year. Both have huge contracts they'll still be collecting on for a few years, so they can take the less stressful job.

I don't see any of the big names going to Dallas or Washington, unless they do it for a paycheck only.

Houston would be a pretty prime gig, but I agree Shanahan likely won't want to replace his former OC.

I wonder how damaged Gruden's rep is in NFL circles. Any GM thinking of hiring him should have been in the room at the owners meetings several years back when Gruden would tell anyone within earshot how bad his GM was.

Of course, I was stunned when Mangini got another job. All it takes is one owner who likes a guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted