1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Are you sure that isn't the first quarter over/under?

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

This cannot be correct.

Has any game this season had a 28-point spread?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think Blitz has been drinking.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

They haven't? Didn't they just plunk down $100 million ($41 million guaranteed) for Albert Haynesworth -- a defensive tackle? If he's not in the trenches, I'm not sure who is.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

The Glantz-Culver line on the AP wire says Saints opened as 3 1/2-point favorites and now it's down to 3.

But if you find it at 28, call me. I'll put a few bucks down on the Giants and take the points.

OK, a few thousand.

6. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

A one-person attempt at a stopgap. After a failed attempt to throw money at Jason Taylor, another stopgap. The rest of their line sucks.

And how about their offensive line? Even before injuries it was among the worst in the league. Now it probably is the worst.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

After quarterback, the next-highest paid positions are offensive and defensive line. Then linebackers.

The skill positions actually tend to be pretty low-paid outside of quarterback.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Just funnin' around.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think Blitz is yanking a few chains. I don't believe any game in NFL history has ever had a 28-point spread, not even the 2007 games between the Patriots (who finished 16-0) and Dolphins (who finished 1-15).

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Edwards as in Trent Edwards? Or do you mean Brady Quinn?

And yeah, that was impressive as hell. Seemed poised and confident and not fazed at all.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Can you say that again? I think I had some gullible in my ear.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Highest NFL spread I have ever seen is 23 1/2

Draft saved Draft deleted