1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The dropoff from Smith to Hood is not as severe as the dropoff from Smith and whatever tomato can they lined up in his spot last season.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And, that's why the Dolphins, if they reach the halfway point at 4-4 will win the AFC East.

Perhaps the best offensive line in the NFL.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Giants' OL might disagree.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

According to Tomlin, Hood is not ready to start. That is not encouraging. Then again, maybe he is just trying to kick the kid in the ass.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hood is mobile enough to play an end?

I admittedly haven't paid much attention to the guy; just assumed he was Casey Hampton 2.0.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe so, but Henne had all night to throw last night against a defense that made life hell for Brady and Brees.

Along those lines, Henne's prime time debut is on the short list of the most impressive ones I can recall. Thanks for playing, Chad Pennington, your services will not be needed in Miami in 2010.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not at all. Hood is a 3-4 defensive end, not a nose tackle. Not that he was anything but invisible Sunday.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Dolphins always play well against that defense on Monday Night. :(

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Christ ... I wasn't even close. That's what I get for not reading up on the Steelers nearly enough.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Henne completed what I consider the "cycle" of passes that only great QBs throw with consistency. All in the fourth quarter.

Long ball: Ginn TD
    Touch pass: Camarillo to the lefton 3rd down in final drive for a first.
    Medium to long out: Numerous times, most impressively on the end of a roll right on third down to again find Camarillo for the crucial final first down.

Steve Young called it the greatest display of young quarterback play he has ever seen.

Too bad, though, that the Dolphins didn't ship a 2nd and 5th for Edwards.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Let's not anoint Henne the next Mark Sanchez just yet.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Saints are favored on most Vegas lines by 28 over Giants this weekend.
    WOW!

Draft saved Draft deleted