1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How are you seeing this week's games? They have not updated yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing it ... but the chart says CBS will have Early and Late for Week 6, and by looking at the schedule the featured late game will be TEN-NE or BUF-NYJ.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Along the same lines of moving marquee matchups ... the Vikings-Packers game at Lambeau on Nov. 1 has been moved to the Fox late game spot, just announced.

A few extra hours for Packers fans/Favre-haters to get well lubricated ... and a few extra hours for the thermostat to drop a few more degrees for Lord Favre.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So the people of Cincinnati will sell out Paul Brown Stadium to watch their crappy team for years, but when they actually have a chance to watch a good team play a good game ...

Credit goes to James Walker for proper use of coincidence rather than irony in the blurb.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4555616

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Saints and the Giants are far and away the two best teams in the league.

I'm definitely not sold on the Vikings, who haven't beaten anybody. They were lucky to beat a Niners team that lost by 35 last weekend and I don't think the Packers are nearly as good as people thought at the beginning of the season.

If they beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh, then they should enter the conversation. Even then, I think everybody is expecting Favre to hit the wall by Week 10 or so like he did last season.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Far and away better than the Colts? Don't think so.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you caught them playing their best game at full health, I think Baltimore, Minnesota, Pittsburgh (with Mendenhall) and the New York Giants are the class of the league.

They can all run the ball and rush the passer, and no matter how great another offense is, as soon as the other team starts hitting the quarterback, everything else starts to fall to shit.

They also can take the game over four, five and six yards at a time.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm a HUGE Giants fan, but who have the Giants played? Dallas on the road.

Redskins? Suck ass
    Tampa? Suck
    Kansas City? Suck
    Oakland? They'd suck as JUCO.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I agree they haven't played anyone besides a mediocre Dallas team on the road, but with the exception of the Redskins game they've done what good/great teams do ... kick the shit out of poor teams.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Giants haven't played anyone, but were a very popular Super Bowl favorite before the season. The Saints were my preseason pick, so I can't wait to see the two teams play...

And, yes, I should have included the Colts among the best teams in the league. I must've been in a NFC state of mind. :)

1. Saints
    2. Giants
    3. Colts.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Colts look great. The again, it's not the postseason. It would be interesting, to say the least, if the Colts won it all this year, which would make two teams that won a Super Bowl the year after Dungy left.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, one of them did win the Super Bowl recently with Dungy.

Draft saved Draft deleted