1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 13, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Big one is Saints-Giants. I've gotta go Giants, but if the Saints are for real, this is the week to prove it.

Bears-Falcons is also a pivotal early game for a couple wild-card hopefuls with possible division-title aspirations.

Redskins play a winless team for the sixth straight week; that's nuts.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That stat about the Redskins is crazy. And they're still under .500.
    Just based on past seasons, and how rare it is for teams to run away and hide in a division - I might pick some decent upsets, not Philly at Oakland upsets, but Houston at Cincy, Baltimore at Minnesota and maybe even Tennessee at New England.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ravens-Vikings is an interesting game. The Vikings' defense has made some big plays the last couple of weeks, but it has given up a lot of yards. That's going to catch up to them at some point.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I don't get Jacksonville. I think they could still make the playoffs, but they look like a team that has given up on their coach. I've read some stuff about Del Rio and I suppose he's at least earned the chance to save his job with a playoff berth, but I don't think they'll get it with him on the sidelines. Might be the only team in the league where an interim coach would improve the team in time to make a difference.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pats played five in a row against undefeated teams. And now have the possibility of following that with back-to-back games against winless teams (Tennessee this week, Tampa the next).

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't think there have been this many undefeated teams after five weeks in many years.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm really pissed about the TV lineup this week.

Ravens-Vikings, Giants-Saints are among the 1 p.m. games

Here is the worst set of 4 p.m. games ever:
    Bills-Jets, Titans-Pats, Eagles-Raiders, and Cardinals-Seahawks... Ugh...

How in the hell is the Giants-Saints game not national? Is Fox showing baseball or something? This is the best game of the year as far as I'm concerned.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We'll get Skins-Chiefs on Fox at 1; Ravens-Vikings on CBS at 1.

Not sure who has the doubleheader this week, Fox maybe? Not sure which one we'll get at 4.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And are clearly the worst team because they are 2-3 after that.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

EDIT: I take that back ... looks like CBS will have the doubleheader again (according to this chart: http://the506.com/nflmaps/) ...

So looks like Titans-Pats are the featured game ... a matchup that was obviously more attractive at the beginning of the season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Nope, ALCS games 1 and 2 are on Friday-Saturday ... unless a PPD pushes it to Sunday.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Seems like everyone has an NFL Power Poll, and I'm bored, so.....

1. Colts
    2. Giants
    3. Vikings
    4. Saints
    5. Broncos
    6. Bengals
    7. Eagles
    8. Falcons
    9. Jets
    10. Patriots

Draft saved Draft deleted