1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Cassel has had moderate success before. Weeden never has .

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yup, it's not even debatable. Weeden has yet to win an NFL game in 11 tries. Cassel won 11 games in his first season of starting QB duties. He's thrown for 15,000 yards (compared to 6,000 for Weeden), he has a higher completion percentage, higher TD percentage and lower INT percentage than Weeden, and has a career rating of 80.0, compared to 74.6 for Weeden.

I mean, they both suck, but Cassel is clearly the better option.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So I've been thinking what would be the most entertaining (for me) outcome of the Colts-Pats game and while out admiring neighborhood foliage just now it came to me. The Colts must win, and then it should be discovered they cheated their asses off. Something really flagrant like giving Gostkowski a lopsided football for the potential game winning FG. The ensuing explosion of hot takes would be the greatest sports comedy ever. Probably Bayless would die of apoplexy on the air.

Craig Sagers Tailor likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

So, do we get another glimpse tonight of the end of Drew Brees?

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, Roddy White is still on the team! Who knew?

And Brandon Browner still sucks.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Is this blue font? The guy has thrown for 335+ yards in three of his four games this season. Pretty good considering he's been sacked 14 times already.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Falcons were given this week's schedule, yes?

8. dixiehack

Cameron Jordan's captain's patch appears to be held on by half a safety pin.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Not too surprising of a result. Division game, and the Falcons were a soft 5-0, with wins over the weak NFC East and the awful Texans.

10. dixiehack

Pregame, the Saints radio guys were just hoping to avoid a blowout loss.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Heavy sharp money came in late on the Saints moneyline. Good thing I took the Falcons!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No surprise that Roethlisberger is out despite doing some work in practice this week, but Shazier is still out, too. I guess nobody should be surprised when he is out of the lineup at this point. Such a shame he can't stay on the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted