1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 Thread: Arizona is where HOF RBs go to die

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't see the Week 6 thread yet or this mentioned on the fading Week 5 thread, so here goes.
    Week 6 starts with a blockbuster trade, as the Saints trade Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals for a conditional draft pick.
    Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson ... the Cardinals would be pretty awesome if this was 2007.

Adrian Peterson traded from Saints to Cardinals

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'll repeat it one more time: I love the new thread titles, instead of the worn out titles with a player's number corresponding to the week.

3. Wonder if AP will get gold caps for his teeth?

And AP? Seriously? The Cards couldn't find an older running back to trade for?
    I'm sure OJ would have considered an offer.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they can block for him, it might not be a bad gamble. He hasn't played much the past couple years so his useful life as a RB might be extended. He hasn't played much this year, either, so he might be able to give them a dozen good games as a one-year rental. They're still only a game out of first in the NFC West and have only played one division game so far. The rest of the schedule isn't exactly murderer's row, either.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

His useful life at RB is over.

6. albert777

albert777 Active Member

AP was never a good fit in New Orleans. He's always been the center of attention, and he wasn't with the Saints. He was basically brought in to be Tim Hightower from a year ago, that is, a complementary back behind Mark Ingram, and while he said he was OK with that in preseason, it was pretty clear that he wasn't up for that role. And with the rapid development of Alvin Kamara, he was dead weight, and dead weight with a bad attitude. Those kind of players don't last very long on Sean Payton's team.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How about some good news, people? Pinktober is a thing of the past!!

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Can you tell my editors and publishers that so I don't have to keep recycling the same tired breast cancer stories for our "pink edition" later this month?

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the Cowboys players are meeting about Jerry. Stay tuned.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know this won't happen, but good God would it be unreal to see Dak and Dez take a knee. Bench them, motherfucker.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Better yet, I'd like the whole team, or a good chunk of it, to take a knee. Jerry would either have to forfeit, or have players play both ways.

But of course, it won't happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted