1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6: Remember Marc Wilson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That's some fun retrospective reading.

I've been a big fan of Watt since I first saw him play. To be honest, he's the same kind of athlete Gronkowski is: Strong, great body control, explosive and he has a really good football IQ. I'm kind of a technique nerd, and I just love guys who are smart enough and strong enough to play defensive end in a 3-4 defense. It's such a unique skill to me, and so much more impressive than the guys like Freeney who lined up on the edge their whole career and have only one job.

Watt has so much power in his core, and great hands when it comes to shedding blocks.

There is no way he ends up with 26 deflections, but he'll get more sacks if teams try to anticipate him dropping into shallow coverage more. I'd love to see him win DefPOY. The guys with big sack numbers or INTs typically get all the love, but if you have a guy who essentially makes it impossible to run to one side of the field AND is a menace in the passing game, that's impossible to ignore.

2. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

This unit is clearly being coached up by Wade Phillips, who might not be head coaching timber but knows what to do with an able defense.

Not a Texans fan but I appreciate the emergence of a true hell-raising defense in the old style, in an era where the rules are stacked against it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yep. Enjoying seeing defensive-minded teams like the Texans, Niners and Bears flourish so far this season.

4. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I saw a stat tonight that the Patriots have had just four three-and-outs in 60 possessions this season. That's what defenses are now up against. And this is not even a particularly great offense.

5. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is the first Thursday NFL game (non-Turkey Day edition) I've actually tuned into. When do they shut up and make with the football?

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I wish it wasn't on NFL Network. I'm one of the masses who doesn't get it.

8. This.
    I have to listen it on my phone. And I have really started to dislike the Steelers' radio crew.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This Pittsburgh defense is so bad.

10. Anyone still think Wallace is ALL that?

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

LOLOLOLLZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

Draft saved Draft deleted