1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6: Remember Marc Wilson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I am quite confident if we somehow had a template for the coding, a group of SJ folks could do that and be way funnier.

2. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/features/2012/nfl_2012/week_5/j_j_watt_how_the_nfl_s_best_defensive_lineman_is_changing_the_way_the_game.html

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

26 passes defended by a lineman?!? That's ridiculous to even think about. Heck, even if he gets half that, it's still crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm not sure if his chances of hitting it are made better or worse by Cushing being out for the year. Someone more schooled in the nuances of a defense will have to make that prediction.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Through two games, Clay Matthews was on pace for 48 sacks. Even now he is on pace for 25.

Pace is not a very good gauge on stats like that. In Watt's case, now that teams are onto his habits, they'll take them into account. He might get the "record" (however unofficial it is) but I would be surprised if he ends up with more than 15 total.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That is a bet I just might have to take you up on. :)

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fangirl. ;D

8. JosephC.Myers

Even 15 would be impressive for a lineman.

9. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

He has 11 1/4-inch hands and a 37-inch vertical leap. These numbers aren't happening by accident.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm just glad to see "passes defended" instead of "passes defensed."

11. JosephC.Myers

+1 to proper grammar.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You Texans fans want to read something funny? I don't know the writer -- name is Chris Baldwin -- but this is funny from the 2011 draft:

A star fell right into the Houston Texans laps on draft night, like a blessing from the football gods — only Rick Smith, Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips didn't grab him. Instead, they punted Nick Fairley right back into the boo-y night.

Fairley landed with the Detroit Lions, where he'll collect Pro Bowl berths for years to come. The Texans took a former Pizza Hut deliveryman instead. But that pizza boy sure has a lot of character.

That's really what it seems to have come down to for the Texans again with the selection of Wisconsin's J.J. Watt. This franchise may never make the playoffs under Bob McNair, but it's sure going to have high-quality gentlemen on the roster.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/04-29-11-texans-will-rue-the-night-they-took-pizza-boy-watts-over-nick-fairley-houston-lover/

Draft saved Draft deleted