1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6: Remember Marc Wilson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

[​IMG]

I hate you, YGBFKM.

Your constant need to be contrary rears its ugly head once again.

Wilson was complete garbage. A disaster.

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Todd Marinovich and JaMarcus Russell are the worst quarterbacks ever to play for the Raiders. At worst, Wilson is third and that depends about how you feel about the likes of Dan Pastorini, Vince Evans, Donald Hollas and many others.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We still never got an answer for what the hell happened to Dieter Brock.

4. Does Vince Evans count? He was primarily a back up and was considered to be a pretty good one at that.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

I loved Jessie Hester for one reason. If you ever needed a particular quote phrased a certain way, you could go to Hester, ask him a question phrased the way you wanted, and he would repeat it back to you exactly the same way. It didn't matter what you asked.

You'd ask something like, "Jessie, is the Rams secondary by far the worst in the league?" And he'd answer "Yeah, the Rams secondary is by far the worst in the league." (Just a made-up example, BTW)

Bingo! Instant quote!

It never failed. You wouldn't go to Hester if you were looking for insight, but if you just needed a quote, you always knew where to find one.

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

You know what, I mislabeled Evans on that. I was going off memory and it seemed like he always became the late season starter, relief man in a lot of games. The stats defy my memory.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Vince Evans was there for Art Shell when Art decided Hostetler was just another white quarterback and needed to be benched.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Enough with the Vince Evans talk, although that reminds me that you guys need to brush up on your Bob Avellini knowledge for next week's thread.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And then Evans, and then McMahon, and then Bobby Douglass ... how long could a Bearsjack go?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hey, I left Cutler off this week's title. Not my fault all the shitty quarterbacks of my youth were mostly numbered consecutively. But just wait until Week 15, when Mike Phipps finally gets his long-deserved sj thread.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My guess is what bothered Raiders fans is that Wilson was kept around forever as "the next big thing" -- with Jim Plunkett having been removed at least twice so Wilson could get his shot -- and Wilson turned out to be exceedingly mediocre.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Rusty Lisch thinks you better not forget him when Week 12 rolls around.

Draft saved Draft deleted