1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not that different from the Belichick Wednesdays of happier days, really.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Both teams played hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Morris816

Morris816 Member

PFF's Sam Monson stands by his belief that Tom Brady is in decline, but does acknowledge it would help if Brady had a better offensive line.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/01/analysis-notebook-week-4-3/

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Brady's 37 years old. Of course he's in decline.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning is confused by your statement.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Belichick has done Brady no favors in recent years.

The Broncos have been all about upgrades since they signed Manning. Belichick is trading away linemen and letting receivers walk away.

It says a lot that Brady's best receiver probably wouldn't see the field too often if he played in Denver (or a few other teams).

I like Edelman, but he's not Welker and he's a No. 3 option on quite a few teams.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At least with BB, when he doesn't answer the question he doesn't yell, scream or belittle the questioner.

8. RecoveringJournalist

Honestly? He's well-liked by the players so teams seem to hope that they'll play hard for him. Also, it's not like people were lining up for this job.

It's an idiotic way of thinking when you have such little talent, as is the case in Oakland, but I think Sparano is a good interim coach because the team will play hard for him, even though it's not going to matter.

9. RecoveringJournalist

He's never struck me as a yeller or a screamer, but he's done more than his share of "belittling the questioner" over the years.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You at least have to give him credit for consistency.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Tom Brady doesn't want to a bad teammate here...

...but his offense sucks. Bringing back Reche Caldwell would be an upgrade. A very alert-looking upgrade.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. RecoveringJournalist

I don't dispute Brady's taken a dip since his MVP days of 2007, but I'd love to see how he would do if he had a great possession receiver and a deep threat.

Draft saved Draft deleted