1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 30, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Below the waste? What could possibly be below waste?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Gibbs has long been considered the guru of cut-blocking.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Navy O line because of their small stature does a lot of cut blocking. Opposing teams say
    that they always end up with knee injuries after Navy game.

4. Morris816

Morris816 Member

As I much as I dislike the trend with cut blocking, and think rules should be in place to not allow blocks below the knees within five yards of the line of scrimmage, I seriously doubt the NFL will ever implement such a rule unless, for example, J.J. Watt suffers a season-ending injury because an offensive player cut blocked him.

Call me cynical if you will, but I suspect that the modified rule about defenders coming at the knees of a quarterback would never have happened if you had replaced Tom Brady with, say, Trent Edwards.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, where is your evidence of a cover-up? Where is your evidence of McDonald's guilt? Oh, that's right. You don't have any of either.

But please continue to wear your tinfoil hat. Got to protect your mind from those dangerous signals!

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Thomas reportedly fined $8,268 for the block.

Bet it was worth every penny for him, to get the Cardinals' best defensive player out of a 14-13 game.

Draft saved Draft deleted