1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 thread: Josh Freeman is no longer the future

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 6, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He can be a great fit for that system as long as he can handle limited touches. Part of what made Bell so vital to the Steelers' offense was his versatility. He can line up at receiver and actually run good routes. He's got excellent hand, and he is fantastic at picking up the blitz.

Of course, he has lost a step and he can be extremely selfish, so there is some real risk of him being more trouble than he is worth. That said, I like the risk for a team that could use another back.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Shady plays for the Bucs.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My bad. Don't know what I was thinking. In this case, it's to keep Edwards-Helaire from getting as hurt as McCoy. Also to perk up Mahomes' protection, which was pretty awful against the Raiders.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

In his prime, Bell could lineup in the backfield and motion to the slot and run WR routes better than half the receivers in the NFL. Bell in his prime was the best running back Pittsburgh ever had and it’s not even close.

If he’s still 80% of his prime, Reid’s offense might be even more impossible to defend.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A risk if you have a fragile room. Not a risk for the Chiefs.

If he learns enough of the offense, he can offer quality backfield depth to a team that can use it. OTOH, if he's LeVeon Bell and doesn't act like he's learned anything from the last few years, cut him and let him blow up another team from within.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    swingline likes this.
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Quite glad I talked myself into this.

sgreenwell and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted