1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 Thread: Jeff Garcia's journey through the alphabet of leagues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe a little early, but the Week 4 thread was starting to devolve into another salary cap debate and there's actual news here.
    The Bills traded Marshawn Lynch to Seattle, according to Lynch's agent. After weeks of speculation, wondering if Lynch would give a boost to Green Bay, Philly, or some other contender, we get ... this? Why in the hell does Seattle need another running back?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5651832

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good question. At that price, the Packers definitely should have gotten him. As I mentioned on the other thread, I just wonder if there are problems beyond his play on the field that played into the contenders avoiding him.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought the Bills were trying to get a couple of second-rounders. Maybe they just realized they weren't going to get that and settled, or the Packers decided they could average 50 rushing yards a game and still win.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure he's a last chance guy--i.e. one more off-field issue and he's out for a year. Also, he's not very good. But in a historically horrendous NFC West, it's worth trying to win the division and get a home game as a 7-9 division champ.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am really starting to think the Rams are going to win that division.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So am I, Bradford is progressing really well.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Which could mean either the Rams or the Redskins could get a first round playoff bye.

Ho lee shit

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that, green Bay and New Orleans or Atlanta will get the bye

9. outofplace

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/105503-ed-ben-looks-in-mid-season-form

And people think I drool over Roethlisberger? Ed Bouchette absolutely gushing about his return to practice.

Actually, this fits with what I had read from multiple sources during training camp, that Roethlisberger looked very sharp and that he was in great shape. Then again, maybe it is just a comparison to the pile of scrubbishness that is Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon.

But the part about Mike Wallace being better than Santonio Holmes? Seems to me the kid has a ways to go for that, and I can't stand Holmes.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Whoa.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings are "very close" to acquiring Randy Moss from the Patriots.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Randy-Moss-trade-New-England-Patriots-Minnesota-Vikings-100510

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That along with Ted Thompson's inability to acquire Marshawn Lynch will send quite a few Packers fans rabid.

12. outofplace

Holy shit! I guess Coach Hoodie has had enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted