1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5: Maybe Bradford's problem was shitty coaching/talent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 4, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Phil Simms said at halftime that the first half was pretty exciting. I just hate that we are fed such idiots.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I feel like he was especially terrible last night.

3. LongTimeListener

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If there's any truth to the perception that Kaepernick isn't interested in playing -- and making the sacrifices that necessarily come with that attitude -- it doesn't surprise me one bit that the 49ers would rather have anyone but Kaepernick.

The one thing that unites these athletes is an intense desire to compete. If someone loses that, he's lost his teammates.

5. LongTimeListener

It may be that he isn't interested in playing for the 49ers -- which would be entirely justified given their whisper campaign about him that has been going since midway through the 2014 season (collateral damage of the Harbaugh feud).

No doubt he thought/hoped they would have traded or cut him last off-season. And whenever he gets out there, everything is going to immediately become his fault. During the preseason, even when he played well the local TV guy was ripping him. That's a clear sign of what management thinks, since those clowns do nothing but spout the party line during all games and auxiliary appearances.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

But that's a no-won situation for him. Another team isn't going to care why he didn't care.

7. LongTimeListener

Sure they will. Quarterbacks get second, third and fourth chances all the time. And it's becoming clearer by the week just how fucked up the 49ers are.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I've seen speculation that they aren't playing him because even though his contract is generally crappy for him, there are injury guarantees for future seasons that will kick in if he gets hurt this year. Those would obviously be pretty brutal for the future since they seem to have moved on from him. So you eat his salary this year, cut him and move on.

9. Mr. Sunshine

This reminded me of the guy on NFL Network this morning ranting that the fans should be angry that this is the 49ers, the gold standard of franchises. Hello, McFly, the 49ers are a worn-out joke at this point.

10. Mr. Sunshine

But you add in the distraction of the protest and I'm not so sure.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So you're telling me Kaepernick is going to be the Week 1 starter in Cleveland next year before getting snapped in half?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There are times when I think my high school paper had higher standards than NFL Network. The 49ers haven't been "gold standard' since the Montana-Young era. They're that band that plays Mondays and Tuesdays at the Holiday Inn, but only because the lead singer is friends with the bartender.

Draft saved Draft deleted