1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5: Drunk Namath on sidelines > sober Namath on radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cubbiebum, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I would rather listen to Namath make slurred passes at the sideline reporter than him blame everyone on the Jets shtick from the past two weeks.

Also, the thing to watch this week is if Welker can pass McNabb in yards. Just 64 back.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I wanna kiss you

3. Roethlisberger is OK.
    James Harrison, on the other hand, needs surgery. Fractured orbital bone. No timetable for his return.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Marcus Dupree didn't wear this number, either.

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Steelers and Eagles both look like they will miss playoffs. Crazy.

Despite the 1-3 record I think Phily will eventually turn it around. The offense is ridiculous and the defense will eventually adjust. I don't think the Steelers will make it.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Redskins have a huge chance to put a kill shot to the Eagles next week, especially if Philly can't get out of Buffalo intact. I'm sure Rex Grossman will throw a pick six at a critical time though. No, I'm not sold on Rexy just yet.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I must say, I am SHOCKED how well the Titans are doing with a new coach, an aging quarterback and a $50 million tailback who has the worst YPC in the league.

8. They only thing they have a working for them is a ridiculously (normally) easy schedule.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But Dieter Brock did.

[​IMG]

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't think Vick remains healthy for the entire season. The Eagles will not be a playoff team.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Aside from my usual degenerate gambling, I really couldn't care less about this weekend's NFL games. The Skins are 3-1 and on the bye and I'll be in Cancun blacking out on tequila and guacamole.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

My prediction for the week: Lieslntx will read player names more accurately in this thread than she did last week.

Draft saved Draft deleted