1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Sure, he seems to have rebounded, but he's always been a little overrated. He always had better defenses than Peyton Manning.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And worse receivers.

3. Mr. Sunshine

It's just too easy sometimes.

Riptide likes this.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, the extremely hot takes are in full effect. Keep 'em coming, boys!

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Excellent Q&A from the Deadspin Funbag this week:

Q: Assuming Big Ben isn’t out for the whole season, what would Michael Vick have to accomplish to supplant him as the starter in Pittsburgh? Is there a scenario where Vick becomes such a “hot hand” that Tomlin has to stick with him?
    A: No, because Big Ben had been playing so well prior to the injury. Even if Vick has one of his patented explosive comeback games—and it’s unlikely, because the Steelers don’t play the ’Skins this year, and Vick always has his big comeback games against the ’Skins—they’re still sitting his ass down when Roethlisberger gets back. Vick is done anyway. This is probably his last year in football.
    By the way, Roethlisberger is basically indestructible. For any other quarterback, that hit would’ve meant a torn ACL. But Big Ben is so big and so dumb that he cannot be permanently damaged. Even when a fucking car T-bones his motorcycle, Big Ben gets up and is like DURRRR THAT WAS OUCHIE, TIME FOR PRACTICE DURRRR. His head is just a vacant warehouse of play-calls and groping memories, so he doesn’t register pain or grievous injury. If you cut Roethlisberger’s head off—like, if you lead him to a guillotine and let the blade fall and his big, dumb head falls into a basket—he STILL wouldn’t notice. His decapitated head would be like, “Hey, who we got this week? Coach Haley is a prick.”

Riptide likes this.
  7. Surprise... Ryan Shazier is out for Thursday's game.
    Fuck.
    Me.

8. Mr. Sunshine

O/U on Vick's turnovers: 4

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never thought there was a chance he would play. I'm just hopeful that he will be able to return the following Sunday.

And I'd take the over on that, Sunshine. Vick managed a fumble and what should have been an interception in a little over a quarter last week even with the team playing it very conservative. The best chance for the under would be an injury to Vick, which is also a strong possibility.

10. They need to give Bell and Williams about 40 carries.

Fuck I hate the Ravens.

11. Mr. Sunshine

#UnlikaBowl

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Eagles at Washington may get moved to Week 8 because of Joaquin. Both teams have a bye on the same week, fortunately.

Draft saved Draft deleted