1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 23, 2014.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Teddy Bridgewater looks like a Hall of Famer right now, so I can't blame the Falcons losing to his Vikings, who are loaded at most positions.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'd go with the team that was losing 56-0 at one point last week.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Eagles‬ had their first blocked punt TD since 1992, but also had punt-return TDs each time.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199211220nyg.htm

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Atlanta losing. It shouldn't shock anybody when the Steelers do this any more.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Dude- nobody cares about how the Steelers are affecting your mood.
    Go find one of literally a thousand fan sites for this garbage.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I think I'm most shocked that the Vikings, who got a couple of new mudholes stomped in them the last 2 weeks, are now "loaded at most positions"

7. outofplace

This is the NFL thread. I'm posting about an NFL game. Don't like it? Don't read it.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Asiata is average at best. The Falcons defense is awful. Neither team is championship material.

9. outofplace

Credit to Mike Tomlin. I just watched video of the start of his press conference and after a quick moment to give credit to the Bucs, he went right into his own team's lack of discipline and penalties and put the blame on himself. The question is if he can do something to counter the lack of discipline that has plagued his team for years.

10. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Cordarrelle Patterson is damn good. So is Captain Munnerlyn.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who is this Tony Romo who looks cool, calm and collected?

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I agree Patterson is a promising talent, but he has 13 catches for 181 yards and no receiving TDs in 4 games. His biggest impact was running the ball against the "we quit" Rams in the opener. Hoping we see a lot more in terms of production before he's being fitted for a gold jacket.

But putting that aside, you gave 2 names for them being "loaded at most positions". I guess by that criteria, pretty much every NFL team is loaded at most positions.

Draft saved Draft deleted