1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Thread: Gunslinger Edition courtesy Jeff Pearlman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 28, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I assume to autograph, LMAO.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Very true. Covering high school games, all you hear on plays like that is people on the sideline yelling, "HORSE COLLAR! HORSE COLLAR!"
    Even though the guy clearly had the runner around the waist.
    Still, it was a good move by the NFL to nip a dangerous trend in the bud. I think it effectively ended Roy Williams' career, too.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Second time in two weeks that the Buccaneers have a home game thrown into a weather delay. I guess it's a crapshoot scheduling games in Tampa. Either play early in the day in oppressive heat and humidity, or roll the dice on avoiding the late afternoon thunderstorm.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I blame the defense and special teams more. Couldn't tackle the first half. Gotta make a change at kickoff returner. Even Stevie G missed a 48-yarder he's been money with for years.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't want to be a Raiders fan but I find myself gravitating toward them because I really love Carr.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, a sloppy start for Pittsburgh. Roethlisberger underthrew that long ball to Coates or it would have been a 95-yard touchdown. Then the Steelers piss away the drive with a holding penalty and a sack.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Happy now, OOP? Gosh, I used to be a Phillies fan like you're a Steelers fan, but at least I had a century of failure as my excuse. It's not a good way to take the games.

8. outofplace

The ugly starts and wasted opportunities are an issue, but yes, the Chiefs have been even sloppier so far.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Probably could've punted it as far off his knee. Go Stillers.

10. outofplace

Great play by Antonio Brown for his second touchdown of the game.

Why was that celebration flagged?

11. outofplace

Damn, Dan Rooney looked frail in that shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted