1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Thread: Bring Back Bubby!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Cincy is awful. AJ Green working to come back to that?

2. Got to avoid a MNF hangover and beat the Ravens. 1-4 won't get it done.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

No hangover. They will be riding a pretty good high this week.

This pretty much is a totally new Steeler team out there except for the O-line and Hayward.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I was impressed by the wrinkles to the offensive playcalling, with the wildcat and some of the jet runs. Rudolph was still a little too conservative with his throws, but he's still getting used to these receivers (except for Washington, who coincidentally did nothing).

If Pitt can beat the Ravens at home, the season can be saved. Big game next week for the entire division. If Steelers win and Browns lose, they're tied for first, which is crazy.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Why do I even bother as a Bengals fan. I'm not sure they can beat Arizona at home next week. I doubt 40,000 will show up at Paul Brown Stadium to find out.

And once again, the MNF crew sucks. Stop trying to sell America on this being the Steel Curtain reinvented, it was just as much the Bengals' futility if not more. Booger started to go there a couple times but never got it out. The only time the crew went negative was when talking about Burfict's hit, which is low-lying fruit.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

MNF has gone from the highest rated show on TV to dinner theater in Des Moines. It used to be sad but now it’s just another relic of American Exceptionalism

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Indeed; it's the Marriott of sports.

(When did Marriott become so sucky, by the way? The last few times I've stayed there the service and the facilities were terrible.)

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What is especially awful is ESPN hyping their match-ups (like they do everything they air) as if they matter and the "hot take artists" suddenly are find the teams "intriguing."

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you’re watching ESPN for anything other than a game you’re doing it wrong.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've had no such issues recently, not even with the Fairfields and Springhill Suites of the world.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watching TSN in Canada was pretty refreshing last weekend. It was almost like what ESPN used to be. Sure, there are some hockey commentary shows, but I didn't stumble across any true hot take shows on their five networks.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh I don't - but the mindset also infects their website, which makes me figure SAS is talking the same kind of nonsense.

Draft saved Draft deleted