1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Roid rage.

My knowledge of hockey is less than zero divided by pi, but I don't see how this is any different from Todd Bertuzzi.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Peter King said he expected a 25K fine by the league, and Collinsworth about shit a chicken and said they should bring in the cops.

Both are idiots.

Give Albert his papers tomorrow.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I saw that latte-swilling motherfucker Peter King smugly say the league would "severely" fine Haynesworth. Wanna guess what this asshole said would be the sever fine? $25K.

I think Haynesworth should be suspended at least two games, and I think that Peter King should be kicked off that show as such a fucking NFL shill.

And I think that Cris Collinsworth is the only announcer not named Bryant Gumbel with the sack to rip the league for this crapola.

I am pissed.

This has me pissed more than the thought of Zimmerman winning NL ROY.

Yes THAT'S how bad this is.

Oh, and they should arrest the fat motherfucker. Haynesworth, that is

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, the Cowboys' o-lineman should play in Dallas' next game. Steve Moore probably won't play another game after having his neck broken. But, it's almost an apt comparison. [/sarcasm]

5. Herbert Anchovy

The act was much more vicious and chickenshit, smart ass.

If he's playing next week it's only because he wasn't blinded. He'll have a butterfly bandage covering a Frankenstein-sized gash instead. I'm sure he's feeling just peachy.

Hope Owens has some pain pills left.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Shitty offense 27, Defending NFC champs 6

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Is it me, or does Lovie Smith look like a young Redd Foxx?

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Much more vicious and chickenshit? Todd Bertuzzi punched Steve Moore in the back of the head, and drove him headfirst into the ice. Once on the ice, a defenseless Moore was punched in the face three times before a teammate could pull Bertuzzi off of him. Moore left the game on a goddamn stretcher. I'm not sure it gets more vicious and chicken-shit than that.

I'm sure the Haynesworth incident was terrible, but perspective, please. If you want to compare Haynesworth to anyone, compare it to Marcus Vick stomping the Louisville's D-lineman's leg last year.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Great, Thomas Jones and Kevan Barlow, both on my fantasy bench.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I figure Haynesworth won't be playing for a couple of games, maybe more. If the NFL doesn't do it, I think the Titans will.
    Haynesworth has been a bad seed in Nashville, I don't think they'll release him. Or maybe they will, but Fisher will tell the Nashville media not to report it until a couple of weeks later.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Haynesworth was also a fuck-up in Knoxville. He almost got his ass kicked off the team.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Flipping through the channels, and I go to the NFL Network, and see Jamie Dukes........

If he wore a turtleneck, it would go over his nose........looks like they just took his neck, and placed it squarely on top of his shoulders.

Draft saved Draft deleted