1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 1, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hockeybeat, I must respectfully disagree. I'll concede that there is a difference in severity, but both acts are assaults, and both Bertuzzi and Haynesworth should be prosecuted. What's really sickening is that Bertuzzi's back in the NHL. They're both violent games, but these guys carry the burden of self control, and neither Bertuzzi nor Haynesworth has it.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Give credit to the Patriots, nearly everyone outside of 495 was writing them off as a decent but not contending team. I don't think you can say that anymore.

Secondly, props to Lewis for deactivating Chris Henry. It's sad that such drastic action had to be taken, but if it sends a signal, then it served its purpose. Not just to Henry, but the entire team.

Also, I wonder how much Kaesviharn will be fined for his hit.

3. cubs

cubs Member

Not to mention that the seahawks were getting all the calls early in the game. That terrible spot on the first down and then that facemask...hardly a personal foul...if it was even a facemask at all.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Nice avatar.

I miss Farley.

(Hula dance...)

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaa Bears dabears dabears dabears dabears dabears .... "

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, right.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The Bears have had the NFL's best scoring defense for what, 20 straight weeks?

Good comparison to Jacksonville, though.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and yes the Bears look pretty damn good right now, but I just don't think their offense holds up. Also, as the Seahawks get healthier they will only get better.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

That's an objective post.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Obviously, the Seahawks are not that bad, especially with Alexander in the lineup. They'll be in the playoffs when all is said and done. But if Grossman stays healthy, the Bears' offense will hold up, and with the defense they've got, that's what makes them so scary. Remember, last year they won 11 games without a QB that knew anything about playing the position on the NFL level. Also, except for some late runs by Thomas Jones last night, the running game hasn't even scratched the surface of what it's capable of this year, and they're the highest-scoring team in the NFC.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

How are any of you Bears fans posting objectively?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's not just Alexander though, the reason the Seahawks got waxed last night was because their OL stunk up the joint. They are missing two starters and their starting tight end, once those players come back then Alexander will start running for his usual yardage.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Forget the starters, Hutchinson made that line great. When he left for the Vikings, that was easily the worst thing that could have happened to them in the offseason.

Draft saved Draft deleted