1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Running Thread: Didn't some QB wear No. 4?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 24, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

The Bears haven't shown backbone! They suck. Bye week aside, suspending a star player at any point in the season is better than most "punishments."

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The Bears showed plenty backbone beating the Colts on the road, ineffective Peyton Manning or not. And they got screwed by the refs against the Bucs. They should be 2-1, hell maybe 3-0 if they hadn't folded against Carolina. I like the Bears' chances of going to the playoffs a hell of a lot more than Seattle's right now.

And yes, suspending him for two weeks is a good punishment, but don't chickenshit your way out of it by doing it on a bye week. In the end it doesn't matter who they play, Burress is out of the lineup and it hurts that offense, but suspending him for a week where you don't play is just preposterous in my book.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

If the Bears had any backbone, they would have sacked Brian Griese on one or two of his 70 dropbacks...or not allowed a guy whose glory day is nearly a decade old to throw for 400 yards.

And they might not have gotten screwed if they didn't commit a personal foul with the Bucs about to punt deep in their own territory in OT. Bears deserved to lose that one 10 or 12 times over.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

67 dropbacks. Embarrasing. 10-point lead against Brian Friggin' Griese. Game should never have been in OT.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

All that aside BYH, look at the shit Jeremy Trueblood started in the pile, throwing punches etc. and then look at what (I think it was) Charles Tillman did and that's pretty fucking pathetic reffing. Yeah, the Bears should've won the game earlier, but that pretty much sealed it for them, that and not covering Antonio Bryant.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh the refs weren't good. But these guys have been around long enough to know the guy who throws the first punch is almost never the one that gets caught (you know, like here!). But the Bears should have been in the locker room spouting cliches by the time that happened.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Tillman, who had the penalty called on him, wasn't even involved in the fracas that started the whole thing, in which Jeremy Trueblood was punching Ogunleye in the head while he had him pinned on the ground. But, again, if the Bears handle their bidness, that play never occurs.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

I think we can all agree on that point. The Bears should've never let it get to that point.

Now, let's get back to trashing Burress :D

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He also doesn't get paid for those two weeks, I think that is a stronger message to Burress than him not playing. I could be wrong, but I think Burress cares more about missing two weeks pay than missing the Seahawk game.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Good point, except it would have been a good chance to pad his stats against the 24th ranked pass defense.

11. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I hate the Dallas Cowboys. That is all.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm calling the Bills to put up a stinker against the Rams. There's too much optimism going on in the minds of Buffalo fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted