1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 Running Thread: Didn't some QB wear No. 4?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

With the news of Millen and Burress hitting today, why not start the week early?

BTW, what's the story with Burress not showing up for work on Monday or Tuesday?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sympathy strike in support of Matt Millen?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder what the excuse was.

This is the danger in giving somebody like Burress a big contract extension. I'm not surprised at all that he would pull this kind of crap.

4. Rosenhaus on ESPN right now saying Plaxico regrets the incident but doesn't feel like he should miss a game. Expect them to file a grievance shortly.

I could see one game but two games is definitely sending-a-message territory. As an Eagles fan, I'm delighted.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did he explain the reason for Burress going AWOL?

6. No. "SalPal" is reporting that Burress told Rosenhaus that it was an 'emergency.' When SalPal asked Rosenhaus if it was emergency enough to contact the Giants, Rosenhaus ended the interview.

I wasn't aware that Burress has a long history of this type of behavior, dating back to the Steelers. SalPal (I can't stop typing that) reported that the Giants warned Burress and Rosenhaus before agreeing to the contract extension that this behavior wouldn't be tolerated anymore.

Just three weeks into the season and Plaxico is finding that out.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Okay, what the hell is Scott Linehan thinking by starting Trent Green behind that O-line? Seriously?

Win or lose -- and my money's on another lopsided loss -- I just hope Green is still conscious and upright at the end of the game.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Maybe he has the Bills' defense in his fantasy league,

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I'm a Bills fangirl, and I'm not sure I want to watch this. Dammit. Green should have walked away last season.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That history is exactly why I'm reading this stuff and laughing. This is exactly why the Steelers let him walk. Not that they haven't missed his talent at times, but I has no problems with them letting him go.

I know some Giants fans found it satifsying that Jeremy Shockey had to watch from the luxury box as the team won the Super Bowl last year. I felt exactly the same way about Burress being gone when the Steelers won their title the season after he left as a free agent.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I hope Green is caught up on his life insurance.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted