1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4: Kiss the Booty Lounge and Bob Sanders goodbye

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any athlete or indeed any interview subject in the whole wide world who responds to "How do you feel?" by implicitly or explicitly saying "That's a stupid question" is to be congratulated, not criticized. If more people did that, I might even watch the Sunday morning pol interview shows.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A spreading disease, unfortunately popularized by those who prefer to curry favor by tossing softballs.

Bring back the Chipmunks.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

-- "That's a stupid fucking question."
    -- "Looks like I asked the right person, then, eh?"

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Pittsburgh offensive line might be beyond fixing this season. Too many injuries and not enough replacements on the bench or sitting around as free agents.

I agree, though, the Super Bowl is not played in October for a reason, but the QB some of these teams have starting might hinder them enough to keep them out a serious playoff run.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think it was cjericho who said this wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't Vick. He's probably right about that. But Vick has earned that level of scrutiny with his disgraceful behavior. He derived pleasure from the maiming, torture and killing of innocent living creatures. All the apologies and excuses in the world don't change what that tells us about his character.

So, he's going to get bashed for things like this. Every time he isn't nice enough, or backs out of a commitment, the criticism is going to come. And you know what? That's just fine. He earned that.

There are a few athletes who have earned a level of zero tolerance from the public. Vick is one. Roethlisberger is another. The difference is that Roethlisberger has done a better job of playing the game and saying all the right things since the world found out what a lousy human being he is. Vick isn't even doing that.

Does that make one a better guy than the other? Not really. They're both garbage. One is just being smarter about playing the game and if you find yourself being dumber than Ben Roethlisberger, that's probably a really bad sign.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Colts are 0-4. Looks like Manning's injury might be a stroke of Luck.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes I was being facetious, just want to see them hit the TE deep like Stanford did last year (see Orange Bowl) and are still doing with Luck.

8. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

That joke is three weeks late. Heard it dozens of times starting right after the first week.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Extremely well said. WFFW.

Draft saved Draft deleted