1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Over on the Week Two thread someone posted a picture of this idiot:

One tailgating Vikings fan reeled in a whopper of unwanted attention for Minnesota in the wake of last week’s child abuse allegations against Viking superstar Adrian Peterson.

Yes, many fans arrived Sunday at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis wearing replica Adrian Peterson jerseys, but one pregame celebrant threw in a prop: a stripped-down tree branch, an apparent nod to the tool of discipline that Peterson wielded on his 4-year-old son earlier this year, resulting in criminal charges.

I hope she's ready for her 15 minutes of fame, because here it comes:

Do you know the identity of the woman in the photo, if so email us here.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/275119691.html

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If Cousins plays well the rest of the way, it will be interesting to see what happens. In a normal situation, I would guess that would make RG3 trade bait and it would become a question of how much would a team give up to bet on a talented, misused and often-injured QB. But given his relationship with the owner, I suspect he'll probably sign a monster extension during the off-season and Jay Gruden will be shown the door if he's not on board with it.

3. Broncos fans fed up with Phil Simms' biased analysis have started a petition to get off Denver games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-fans-start-petition-ban-163030222.html

I did not know Simms had a perceived bias against Denver. Why is he accused of being a Bronco buster?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Because Broncos fans are idiots.

5. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, you would have thought two Super Bowl wins would have rid them of "red-headed stepchild syndrome" but it is not the case.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

These people are indeed idiots, but I'll bet it's not so much an anti-Broncos bias they are mad about but rather Simms' (and Nantz's) undying Dante for Beatrice level love for Tom Brady and all things Patriot.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Fans in every NFC city except Dallas scream the same thing every time Aikman calls their game.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I always enjoy the Fun with PK throwdown, but I especially enjoyed today's entry.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/09/behold-the-most-disingenous-peter-king-column-to-date.html

9. RecoveringJournalist

That is awesome.

I like King, always have, and today's column may have been his worst of all-time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We really have gone downhill. Not only did "Sunshine" start a Week 3 thread before Week 2 was over, he did it with an incredibly lazy header. I miss the old ones named for players who had worn the number on their jerseys, past and present.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Someone out there did something awesome to a Cover Girl ad:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck, you whiny schoolmarm? Go ruin another thread chasing approval you know deep down will never come.

Draft saved Draft deleted