1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 22, 2015.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I still can't get over that last play of the first half. Chiefs around midfield with 8 seconds left, they bunch of the receivers for a Hail Mary, and Smith drops back, steps up in the pocket, and instead of chucking the ball to the end zone, or rolling to the right to buy more time so he can chuck the ball into the end zone, he decides to run the ball?

He is so averse to throwing a ball deep that he likes his chances of scrambling for a 50-yard touchdown? Fucking-A, put the ball up and see what happens.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good point i.e. Forte. I get the Allen trade but I thought Bostic was a pretty good player. Perhaps you or someone else can enlighten me with thoughts on that deal? I wouldn't be surprised if Bostic flourishes with New England.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You trade good players because no one wants to trade for the others.

Hope that's enlightening.

Liut likes this.
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't really know. Chicago SJ could probably speak to it better than me. But my guess is that he wasn't a "scheme fit" for new staff.

Liut likes this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

My guess is yours is a good one. I recall now some of that same stuff being reported during camp.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jeez, just another reminder of how Wk 1 perceptions change so fast; for the 49ers from the glow of a 1-0 pasting of the Vikings to this:

49ers’ passing game is in disarray

Tomsula declares the 49ers are not a "drop-back passing team"!!??? WTF?? Its 2015!! In a 47-7 blowout, the 49ers went total turtle and ran it 29 times and only threw it 19; and for that whopping 67 yds. Boy, fanboy here totally bought the pasting of the Vikings, who I thought was a team on the rise. Only thing I take away now is how the hell did the Vikings (now 2-1) lose to that team?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I guess Carlos Hyde will never play past the mid-third quarter again. #fantasyprobz

Draft saved Draft deleted