1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: The Daniel Jones Era begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 17, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A good jump ball is put in a spot where the receiver has the better shot at it. In that case, they got lucky that Harrison misplayed the ball. I'm sure there are delusional Patriots fans who think that even though the guy literally only had a hand on Manning. That was a relatively easy escape for at least half of the quarterbacks in the league. Roethlisberger was just the first example that came to mind.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And most people say that he’s a hall of farmer because he has two rings, he doesn’t have two rings without that “grit and desire” and strong arming catch a catch while he pins it to his helmet. How many times out of a 100 is that okay made?

It was so not luck that Tyree had a brilliant career after that. Great catch and the luckiest catch you will ever see.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The stats are skewed by era. Stafford is going to be first ballot at this rate.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. It was god damn prayer. Great escape and then throw and pray.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but when you describe two Super Bowl runs that involved eight playoff victories with only one home game as "lucky," I can't take seriously your use of the word.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm don't see how Harrison misplayed the ball. Looked like he played it as well as he could have, but couldn't catch the football (because it was too high for him to reach), so he tried to swat it out of Tyree's hands. Tyree pinned it to his helmet and was strong enough to keep Harrison from knocking it away.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You could call one SB dumb luck. Not two.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Love the optics of the two white guys in suits insisting that Ryan Clark doesn't know what he's talking about.

Finebaum looks like he's blowing a gasket that Clark isn't properly deferential.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And thinking that’s not a lucky play and some sort of skilled throw is laughable.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And they were in position because of their defense to even have a shot to throw that prayer.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The difference will be the playoff success. And I think most people would see that as a dividing line.

Draft saved Draft deleted