1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3: The Daniel Jones Era begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 17, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I hate having to root for the Lions, but phuck philly

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ho. Lee. Fuk. As soon as it's posted, y'all have to watch Snead's catch against KC. How it wasn't picked and how he caught it is beyond me.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I’m guessing Kansas City will put that undefeated Lions crap to a halt REAL quick next week

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lamar Jackson got away with two or three of those types of passes today, thanks to incredible efforts by his receivers. There was one earlier where he was about to get sacked, just flung it down the field to get rid of it, and Seth Roberts caught it at the 2. Then that one, where Jackson threw it literally from one sideline to the other and Snead stole what should have been an easy pick from the defender.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Took the Cowboys and the Pats with the big spreads (-22 and -23, respectively) today. Cowboys scored late to cover. Pats were up 30-0 and then gave up a goofy touchdown on a muffed punt that squirted backward from the 10-yard line into the end zone, and a pick-six thrown by Jarrett Stidham after they took Brady out of the game.
    In the first three weeks of this season I've lost bets on that; the Redskins scoring a meaningless TD with 6 seconds left; and the Bears-Broncos fiasco in the last 30 seconds last week.
    The NFL is a cruel bitch, man.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm surprised the South Point didn't take that, they're supposedly the book that will take anything. Or maybe I listen to their wiseguys too often on VSiN. It's the effing NFL -- it's hard enough to hit a two-part parlay, never mind four.

7. heyabbott

The review for defensive PI sucks. I hope the Saints never win a playoff game. Ever.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

But until then

9. heyabbott

Danny Dimes looking good

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I now have a new fantasy team name.
    Pete Carroll and the Seeping Nose Wounds.

Batman likes this.
  11. Not sure of Steelers offense is bad or Niners defense is good.
    Rudolph’s INT was bad.
    Td throw was nice.
    He’s been under heavy pressure all day.
    So has Garrapplo, but he’s found his wideouts.

Teams are 0-45-1 when -4 or greater on turnovers. The tie? Pittsburgh at Cleveland last year, when they had 6.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And the Niners retake the lead despite it all

Draft saved Draft deleted