1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 Scott Zolak edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Not real high on this weekend's slate ...

Houston/NE shaping up to be the game of week. Too bad it's Thursday and on the NFL Network.

The Sunday Night and Monday Night games look like snoozers.
    1 p.m. games Broncos/Bengals should be good.
    Vikings/Panthers

And then there's Steelers/Eagles ... Who gives a Fuck-y 'bout the Battle of Pennsyltucky? ;)

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Too bad it's on the NFL Network? Aren't the Thursday games also on NBC or CBS, and Twitter?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Forget it, he's rolling.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

CBS

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is Zolak playing QB for the Patriots this week? :)

6. LongTimeListener

It's possible that I'm too in love with this Browns "Nah Carson Wentz, we're good" storyline, but I can live with that.

La Canfora:

Many of the Browns scouts fired before the draft favored Carson Wentz

According to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, several of the more seasoned scouts and evaluators the Browns parted with prior to the draft -- an unusual time to release such employees -- actually preferred Wentz to quarterback Jared Goff and believed him to be the greater pro prospect. It was clear to many in the organization dating back to December, when the Browns held intense draft meetings, that the newly-empowered analytics department, soon to be spearheaded by DePodesta, strongly preferred Goff.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are those the same scouts that led them to draft Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, Justin Gilbert, Brady Quinn ...

Killick likes this.
  8. LongTimeListener

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think it benefits the Vikings to learn to play without Peterson.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why Zolak? He didn't wear #3.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Is there Ewing Theory potential here? Yeah. But I think with a fill-in QB and an offense with weapons designed much more to complement Peterson than be playmakers themselves, I think it's going to catch up with them real quick.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe it is a tribute to past residents of the deepest depths of the Patriots' depth chart at this position.

Draft saved Draft deleted