1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Sep 20, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I kinda like the Steelers what with Big Ben being a MAC guy and all, but the ridiculousness about them being posted by 93Devil is beginning to make me hate them. Sort of like how I now hate the Seahawks because their fans won't STFU about the Super Bowl being stolen.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tell that last part to Angola and JLB.

I'm an admitted fanboy, but even I'm not going that far. The Steelers are definitely improved from last season, just because Roethlisberger is healthy this time around. He played way too much last year when he wasn't fully recovered from the accident and the appendectomy.

But I'm still not even sure that improved is going to get them out of that division.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, they host San Fran, travel to AZ and host the Seahawks. If they are 5-0 headed into the bye week, then I will start touting them again. They follow the bye with two tough road games and then host the Ravens. That is the heart of the schedule. But if Cincy has imploded by then and Boller is taking snaps for the Ravens...

Then again if they are clobbered by the 49ers this weekend, all of this is moot.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except that Super Bowl was not stolen. As poorly as the Steelers played, the Seahawks played that much worse and gave the game away.

Re: Steelers now, with 10 sacks and 10 points allowed in two weeks, they're off to a good start. And say what you will about the opponents, the Browns did hang 51 on the Bengals and the Bills nearly beat the Broncos. The Steelers must have done something.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I know that, and that is why people claiming it happened makes me hate the Seahawks.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You are right. I heave by Ben, a run by Parker and a trick play to Hines was the difference in that game. But big plays do win the big games, and Seattle just did not get the big scoring plays.

They played like an 8-8 team that day. Luckily, the Seahawks played like a 6-10 team.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And the three they gave up to Buffalo were courtesy a gift to the Bills by the officials. (For those that didn't see, McGee for the Bills stepped out of bounds on a kickoff return, but the officials missed it and he got another 30 yards or so on the return).

They still have some things to prove, but so far the Steelers have done exactly what a good team should do. They beat the crap out of two inferior opponents.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Broncos did NOT impress me in the opener, and needing overtime (and a shtoink on Janikowski's do-over) to sneak by the Raiders reinforced that impression. As for my beloved Bills, I fear what might happen against the Pats this Sunday if the starting defense includes Jabari Greer and Kiwaukee Thomas at the corners...

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Oh how I love seeing Big Blew and the Sheagles suffer so! :D

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You must be at odds this week, Innovator of Violence. Big Blew at the Deadskins. Who or what do you root for?

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I root for an implosion of the entire field :D

It's worse next week: Sheagles at Big Blow, 8:15 p.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted