1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Packers-Chargers game has me intrigued. It's a key early season game for both teams. If Green Bay wins, it's a huge shot in the arm for them. If the Chargers lose, things will get really ugly for Norv Turner (although they do get the Chiefs in Week 4).

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My own power poll...

1. Colts
    2. NE
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. San Diego
    5. The best the NFC has to offer

I have a feeling the seasons for Pats and the Colts will play out like a college football season; each loss will be like death nails into coffins. They are battling each week for home field in the playoffs.

I honestly hope each team [NE, Colts] stays healthy because this could shape up as one of the great NFL seasons. One team loses their QB, and it becomes a one-horse race.

The fanboy in me realizes that the Steelers are not in the class of the Colts and Pats. No one is at this point.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm shocked you have the Steelers at No. 3. Shocked.

4. 93Devil

If Pittsburgh handles San Fran as easily as they handled the Browns and the Bills, then I think Pittsburgh will be solidified as the #3 team in football.

Who would you rank ahead of Pittsburgh?

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Luckily, it doesn't matter, because the NFL has something called "playoffs," which it uses to decide which team is the best.

6. 93Devil

True, and the SB XL champions are very happy this playoff system is in place.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think beating the Bills and Browns in consecutive weeks means you are a good team. It means you have stomped two craptastic teams.

Let me know when they beat someone good.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Really. I think the shitty Chiefs could be 2-0 against that schedule. But then again, maybe not.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's what I keep telling the Patriots fans I know. They seem to think the rest of the season is a formality.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The Chargers. Yeah ... I know you want to throw that game last week in my face now.

The Steelers wouldn't have fared any better. New England was dying to prove that a few videotapes weren't why they're good.

I have no problem with Pittsburgh, either. Over-the-top fanboys on the other hand ...

11. 93Devil

hahahahahaha

Point taken.

I did not start touting the Steelers until I saw how Tomlin had them prepared for the Browns. Pittsburgh is very good. 15-1 good? SB XL good? I don't think they are near that, but I do think they are 11-5 or 12-4 good.

I also know they do start the playoffs in September or play the SB in October.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't bother touting them ... or anyone else. The teams can decide it on the field without anyone's hype machine.

I dunno if Pittsburgh is THAT good. Two weeks is not much of a body of work ... nor are wins over Cleveland and Buffalo, as already posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted