1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

comma after asshole, asshole.

2. Agitator

Agitator New Member

As far as the question, "Is there a worse organization in football than the Lions?" I would say yes. Are you familiar with the Cardinals? I don't care if they are in Chicago, St. Louis or Arizona/Phoenix. They just suck. Everyone got so excited about the pieces they have on offense, and they might make the playoffs. I tell people they won't if for only one reason. They're still the Cardinals.

And absolutely the Steelers can score 21 points. The offensive line won't get pushed around by Cincy like they did by the Jags. That will open up some holes for Parker.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Who said Leftwich is an immobile black quarterback?
    Breaks loose of Freeney and scores. 7-0 Jaguars.
    Impressive first drive.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Any real need to bring race into it?

Oh, and it didn't take the Steelers to march down the field and lead 7-0. Last three plays by the Bengals? Sack and fumble (Cincy recovers), sack and fumble (Cincy recovers), INT.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

More AP brilliance:

"The Steelers picked up Davenport after the Green Bay Packers cut him at the start of the season, but he did carry the ball in either of their first two games."

That's because he wasn't with the Steelers for their first game. And of course, the word not is missing.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Tough possession for Carson Palmer. Two sacks, two fumbles (both recovered by Cincy) and then an interception. That's a shitty three plays in a row.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

To this point, the Redskins seem to be running the offense they thought they had.

8. Almost_Famous

Chris Simms:
    1-for-6, 9 yards, one INT
    Carolina 10, Tampa 0

Jeff George, anyone?

9. Almost_Famous

I have not seen a harder hitting team this year than the Chicago Bears (2nd - Jax, 3rd - Seattle).
    Brad Johnson was just pulverized by Vasher ... and on every tackle, it seems like Chicago has 4-5 players swarming to the ball.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, no, no, no, no.

You do NOT create a QB controversy where there should not be one.

11. Almost_Famous

You have to be fucking kidding me. Took Miami in my suicide league, thinking the Fish could NOT POSSIBLY LOSE to the worthless Titans.

And on a TD pass from Kerry Collins to Bo Scaife (???????), Tenn takes a 7-3 lead.
    Also, like a fool, I loaded up on the Dolphins D in 2 of my 3 fantasy teams.

Nick Saban, if you lose this, you're dead to me.

12. Almost_Famous

It's not even 2 pm, but i must ask ... are you drunk? Simms has been dreadful this season. Granted, the o-line is trash ... but Carolina is now up 17-0 and TB will be 0-3.

Oh, wait ... was this a joke about Gruden's comments this week? If so, i'll be quiet now.

Draft saved Draft deleted