1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And, God willing, they will. :D

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Suck a curly doodle ... :mad:

[​IMG]

Packers 14, Bears 13*

:D

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Few thoughts ...

The season is on the line for Carolina, Tampa, Washington, and Miami.
    Any of them go 0-3 and it's over. And Carolina and Wash are on the road.

That'd mean 10-3 the rest of the way, which is asking too much of anybody.

Longshot upset: Cleveland over B'More.
    Walkover lock: Miami over Tenn.

Haven't been this pumped for a MNF game in awhile. The booth could fuck it up eight ways from Sunday and I'll still enjoy watching Vick and Bush. Right now, they might be the two biggest must-see draws in the NFL, if only to see what they're going to do next.

Shit, I could watch Bush highlights on a loop for 24 hours and then Vick highlights for 24 hours and life would be fine. Anyone remember that Sugar Bowl against FSU?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

AF, no way the Browns win that game. I know the Ravens don't have much in the way of offense, but do you think the Browns can score even 10 points with theirs -- against the Ravens defense, no less, which is back to its old form? No way.

Kellen Winslow Jr. was dead-on with his comments. He might have put some teammates and coaches under the bus already, but the comments were dead-on. I've seen plenty of mail-it-in jobs in my day ... in Week 15. That's two in two weeks already for the Browns.

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Hence the word longshot.

Purely a guess: Rivalry game, Browns are due, Ravens a bit full of themselves, Ravens looking ahead to San Diego.

DEFINITELY NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN. But it's my longshot upset pick of the week.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even call it a longshot. I would call it a no shot.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I don't think Baltimore should be 3-0 after this week.

But they will. Even if Cleveland's offense manages to find a clue, Baltimore's running game will be too much.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Gutter,

Was that the game in which the Packers cheated by Majkowski crossing the line of scrimmage before throwing what turned out to be the winning TD? Just askin'.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Doesn't matter how right he is. As much as he's fucked up, that asshole's got about as much right to speak up about what's going wrong as Jason Giambi does.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

BYH, most Browns fans are already thinking the same thing. Especially since Winslow has been their best player on offense so far, he should be on the field more. Maurice Carthon's play calling has been atrocious to the point there are already questions about whether he should be buying or renting around Cleveland. He was right, and the fans are in agreement. It's been the same damn thing for eight years now.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuckhead is one word.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

After a week in which my "out on a limb" pick was Detroit beating Chicago .. my predictions this week are much safer ... the winners of Carolina/Tampa Bay and Miami/Tennessee won't go winless this year!

Draft saved Draft deleted