1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Sep 15, 2006.

1. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

what's the over/under for when bush actually makes a highlight-worthy play? week 8? 9?

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yeah, but if the texans would have drafted reggie bush, their defense and offensive line would have been bolstered

3. HoopsMcCann

and we all know how important highlight plays are... did you see vick in the sugar bowl all those years ago (you know, the game where his team lost -- but the vatech highlights were so awesome! that's why you play the game and that's how you revolutionize the game! wins don't matter -- highlights do! viva vickball!)

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

it's too bad new orleans didn't have bush before katrina, he would have kept the city safe.

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

when i said highlight i was thinking maybe a 20-yard gain ... or a nifty catch ...or maybe one of those touchdowns that the kids like so much.

6. HoopsMcCann

highlights keep hurricanes away... there's been on hurricane devestating atlanta since mike vick came there

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey wasn't that game played in the Superdome?

VIVA LA SUPERDOME!!!

Note to anyone who is humping Reggie Bush's jock: He was outclassed in the final game of his collegiate career by a lardass who can't beat out Chris Brown and Travis Henry for the starting RB job on the Titans, who just might be the worst team in football north of Tampa.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well said, my brother in Steelers fandom.

The people who keep saying the Steelers won the Super Bowl last season in spite of having Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback just continue to show their ignorance. Yes, he played badly in the Super Bowl. But he was outstanding in the other three playoff games as well as most of the regular season.

Is Carson Palmer better? Absolutely,though the margin last year wasn't as wide as people thought because Roethlisberger didn't have the weapons Palmer had. The Bengals were and are at least as good as the Steelers up front and much better everywhere else on offense.

This year the gap is wider because Roethlisberger isn't healthy and I'm not sure he'll be healthy all season.

But to say his motorcycle accident compares to the rap sheet the Bengals are racking up? You really think riding a motorcycle without a helmet compares to driving drunk, as the aforementioned Mr. Thurman did in the Bengals' latest embarrassment?

Want to know when I'll believe they have taken real steps to address their off-field problems? When these things stop happening. So far, it just keeps getting worse.

As a football fan, I like a lot of individual player on the Bengals. I love power backs like Rudi Johnson. Palmer is fun to watch as it is somebody else's favorite team he is carving up. I even like Chad Johnson despite all the bullshit (though he should have put a yes next to the names of the Steelers' corners after the game in Cinci last year).

But there is also an element some players of being out of control, with repeat offenders like Chris Henry and Thurman. And it's not like this came out of nowhere. Thurman was no model citizen in college, either.

And I would think a 4-game suspension that Thurman earned himself to start the season counts as hurting the Bengals' chances at winning it all this year. They may be a little better up front, but that run defense is still pretty weak and Thurman's absence is a big reason why.

If I understand correctly, the DUI is another violation of the league's substance abuse policy. How bad does it hurt the Bengals if they lose Thurman for the season?

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

How many bandwagons you monitoring, Bitcher?

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

They lost to the only team south of Tampa..... jagoff.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well, it's nice to see pube reverting to being a douchenozzle.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What hurts more is losing Pollack for the season. Odell had played (and drugged) his way into the doghouse. Apparently, from what I've heard, his days in Cincy are done.

And if his DUI stands, Thurman's not just done for this season, but for the first four weeks of next year, too.

Is a DUI worse than riding a motorcycle without a helmet? Of course. But both can have severe consequences, both personally and for the team. And team leaders don't do things that jeopardize themselves or their teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted