1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL WEEK 3 RUNNING THREAD : It's Bronko Nagurski time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What's the reason?

DOn't misunderstand - what they should have done is gotten a QB in the off-season. But now, with the roster they have now, I think that's the way to win the most games.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

It doesn't work. A QB at the NFL level has to be a leader. You cannot lead when you're on the sideline.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

What's the president of CubsSJNation got to do with it?

4. Guy_Incognito

You lead while you're on the field. Let someone else lead when you come out for a while once every few games.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Re: NFL WEEK 3 RUNNING THREAD : It's Bronco Nagurski time

Agreed that there is no creativity wearing headsets on that team, or under center. The line has blocked well. Shockingly well.

Grossman has earned nothing.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm just full of fricking fail tonight. For some reason I thought he played for the Packers. And I don't think chicagoSportsJournalists.com will hate me that badly because I am a Cubs fan after all. :D

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Guy, you should coach the Vikings.

8. Guy_Incognito

Someone should.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why wait? The Packers are clearly the best team in that division. The Bears and Vikings haven't had a quarterback since Jim McMahon and Daunte Culpepper, respectively. The Lions? They need to start over for the 12,000th time.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Because I'm a Bears fan. Gimme at least another week to throw in the towel. And I don't know if you remember this far back, but the Bears made it to a Super Bowl without a decent QB.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

with your track record tonight, you're probably Steve Cartman..

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, and they had a real good defense and a good running game. Is Forte as good as Thomas Jones was two years ago? Is the offensive line as good as it was two years ago? Is the defense as good as it was two years ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted