1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL WEEK 3 RUNNING THREAD : It's Bronko Nagurski time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Taking a page out of the Baseball thread's titles. According to the NFL Hall of Fame only three players wore the No. 3 and are in the hall. The other two? Jan Stenerud and Tony Canadeo.

Anyway, sorry if this is a d_b, but it's time to move on from Week 2.

OK, big game this week : Cowboys at Packers. Cowboys are 0-5 lifetime at Lambeau, where Tony Romo got to see Brett play at least once.

Adrian Peterson's already showing signs of wear and tear for the Vikings, can he stay healthy for an entire year?

Discuss!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: NFL WEEK 3 RUNNING THREAD : It's Bronco Nagurski time

Lions and 49ers are big too... maybe one more loss by the Liedowns will let the Fords ditch Millen after all.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

better to head to Lambeau in September than in December.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I say Cowboys 37-28. Rodgers has got to play like a first-year starter at some point, but Dallas' defense is weak, so I expect a shootout. If the Pack pull this one out, though, hand 'em the division title.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'm curious to see if Forte can post a third consecutive legit performance. And if Hester plays. And if the defense can stop another solid running game. And if Kyle Orton can throw an accurate fade.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Or audible to a wide receiver screen on 3rd-and-1 with the game on the line?

Last I heard, Hester was gonna play. If Orton could occasionally make a play downfield, Forte could really make some noise. Although it won't be easy to run on Tampa. It should, however, be easy to force Griese into mistakes.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Rodgers did look very good against Dallas last year, so I guess the Pack have that going for them.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

A smart, creative coach would announce from the beginning that Orton is the starter, and will remain so. But in the games - almost inevitable taht there will be a couple in the NFL - where they fall behind by 10+ points early, Grossman comes in to try to lead them back. If they get back into the lead or even, Orton comes in to protects the win. No QB controversy, everyone plays, knows their roles and the team has the best chance to win.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Isn't it BronKo Nagurski?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

no capital K, but yeah.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Grossman has lost all his confidence. The last thing I want to see is him trying to "lead" anything. I think he got a worse rap than he deserved in '06, but he did himself no favors since then by playing terribly every chance he's gotten and pouting when he wasn't anointed the starter. He hasn't earned what you're suggesting, Guy.

And Lovie is not a smart, creative (offensive) coach. And neither is anyone on staff. But unless and until Orton proves he can make plays, all the creativity in the world won't matter.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

With Orton in the game, the game is over if they fall 2 TDs down, unless Hester returns the KO. Grossman's problem is that he throws the big pick, but he still has the arm to make the big play. Bring him into a game that's lost anyway and give yourself a puncher's chance - worst case you lose by 24 instead of 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted