1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 13, 2016.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its not the OC's fault; I was explaining to my boy last night, just watch the decision making difference between Fitzpatrick (a barely average QB) and Taylor. Fitzpatrick highlights how bad Gabbert and Kaepernick are; he at least knows how to read a defense, decisive and can make a decent back shoulder throw.

Taylor has all the finesse of a hammer.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Can't really fire the DC.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

I'll take Taylor 11 times out of 10 over Kaepernick, Gabbert or any number of starting QBs. His only legitimate receiving threat is perpetually gimpy, and his HC doesn't care about the offense. I'm amazed he's able to consistently lead the team past midfield.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

qtlaw's Niner loyalty is a sight to behold. The Niners were once good with Roman on staff, therefore he is not to blame here.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think Taylor has promise. Yeah, he's not Aaron Rodgers, but he has playmaking ability.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I do not disagree; I'm just saying from what I saw, Fitzpatrick looked better. Taylor's throws were all over the place; of course Gabbert missed several wide open TD throws.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If nothing else, Anthony Lynn will join the postseason parade of head coaching interviews.

Unless the Bills go 2-14, in which case he'll just be interviewing for a job like the rest of the staff after they get fired.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. Mr. Sunshine

He spelled career wrong.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe we were too quick to make assumptions when Ryan Shazier left late in the Monday night game with swelling in his knee. He is active today against the Bengals. Starting receiver Markus Wheaton, however, is not.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Both offenses having trouble with the rain in Pittsburgh. Roethlisberger has a history of throwing well in bad weather, but he has had a couple of balls slip.

Draft saved Draft deleted