1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 13, 2016.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Seeing the Ryan brothers get lit up for 20 points in the first half makes me giddy.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Should have been more.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It always interests me that some flawed teams like the Jets and Bills can create entertaining games within their mediocrity, while others just put you to sleep. Dolphins come to mind there.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I grew up in SoCal so early football has been with me forever. When I moved to the East, I was out of sorts for 3 1/2 years. Absolutely hated it. MNF at 8:30/9 was the worst.

LOVE the football start times here.

11 a.m. Not too early. Not too late.
    2:25 p.m. Perfect, especially when I go to games. Done by 6 p.m., easy in/out of the stadium if you know where you're parking/going and off to dinner.
    6:30 p.m. Done by 10 p.m. Off to bed.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm not especially proud of this, but more than once since starting fantasy a couple of years ago, I have often gone to early service so that I would have time to double check inactives before the noon Central kickoffs.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And somewhere in the afterlife, Buddy Ryan denies fathering children.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Up 12 with 4 to go. How don't you go for 2?

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

You're playing a Rex Ryan coached team. They don't do math.

His team's just don't evolve. The perfect coach for Rust Belt teams with a chip on their shoulder.

Webster likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm impressed that Matt Forte is still so smooth; even without going out of bounds he still avoids big hits. May not be fats but he's quick and makes decisive cuts. Fun watching him last night

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. Bills make some changes, firing OC Greg Roman, the highest paid OC in the league, after a quick 0-2 start.

I still can't believe Buffalo hired Ryan. Stupid.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I can. Rex Ryan was the perfect for any non-descript franchise with a blue collar fan base. Buffalo. Cleveland. Surprised the Rams didn't take a flyer on him in St Louis.

One can almost always count on his teams to commit stupid penalties, waste time outs and challenges, mishandle the clock and short yardage offensive situations.

Rex is not a detail guy. He is a bluster guy.

The coaches who are willing to spend an hour in the middle of the night looking at video to find a tendency or a tip from an opposing receiver or quarterback are detail guys. It's not always working hard but also working smart.

Rex Ryan has never struck me as that guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted