1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 13, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I get up really early, go for a long run; or my wife and I do a hike. Hell, I had laundry going by 7:00 am last sunday. In my own warped mind, I need to be productive up until 10 am, because I am doing nothing the rest of the day. I don't turn on the tv until 10:00. Then six hours of Red Zone, the best six hours of my week.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sunday School. Reform temple.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Wow. Never heard of that

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I prefer the noon starts as a Saints fan. Get the misery over with early, then I can watch a good national game in the late afternoon slot while tooling around in the kitchen getting Sunday dinner together. I spend a lot of the Sunday night game tallying scores for the fantasy league of which I am commish.

I also prefer noon starts on my (usually) once-a-year trek to the Superdome for the live experience. I can leave the house around 8:30 in the morning and be parked by 10:30 or so (I always park at the Holiday Inn on Loyola), have time for a leisurely 4-block walk to the stadium and maybe step in a café for a quick bite to eat if I so desire. After the game, there's plenty of time to drive to the French Quarter for a late afternoon meal at one of the gazillion great places to eat, be on the road home by around 6-ish and be home by around 8 o'clock. Makes for a really nice full day.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

All you gotta do is move to Central time zone like us smart people. :D

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ours was a conservative synagogue and we had Hebrew School after school Tuesday and Thursday and Sunday morning.

Dyno likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I prefer having a couple hours before the first kickoff to check the traps on my fantasy teams. With a noon start I can sleep in until 9 or 10 and still make sure no one's been benched or suspended or got hurt in a car wreck or something, or if some fantasy free agent (like, say, a Spencer Ware) has suddenly become a starter.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The older and more removed from my journalism career I get, the less I watch any sports, either in person or on TV.

Add in the fact that I'm at the mercy of what's on broadcast TV, which 95 percent of the time means some combination of the trifling Redskins, Ravens, Cowboys, Patriots and Steelers, the NFL is more background noise, if that, than anything else these days.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rex gives obscenity-laced speech to inspire Bills

"Football coach curses." This one strikes me as a good sign that we're at the oversaturation point on coverage (although I guess there are quite a few stories every week that could prove that).

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. poindexter

You manually calculate each player's scoring??

12. poindexter

Draft saved Draft deleted