1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does Seattle seem like easy money? Packers can't stop run. Missing IT. Lack of Nelson makes it harder to take advantage of chancellor's absence. Only way it seems fairly close is if Hawks turn it over a lot.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How is a defense that couldn't stop Nick Foles and Benny Cunningham going to stop Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy?

Even without Nelson, the GB receivers are 10 times better than the yahoos the Rams put on the field.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Only easy money are the under at halftime and over for full game.

It's a home opener for Rodgers. The Packers are at home and Seattle has a team with an ever increasing faction of guys who want to get paid.

My question. Seattle can win but can they blow out Green Bay today? Unlikely. I could see GB getting up 24-7 early and cruising. That's why I take GB and give 3.

5. amraeder

Melvin Gordon looking good early

6. amraeder

I just think Seattle's a terrible matchup for Packers. Think the close championship game (which included a terrible Wilson performance unlikely to be repeated) and week 1 are skewing line more towards Packers than it should be. Packers have given up over 5 ypc to Forte, Murray, and Lynch in last 3 real games.

7. exmediahack

Also that McCarthy v Carroll is worth 9 points for the Seahawks. Yet all of the recent games have been in Seattle.

There's almost a Favre can't win at Texas Stadium in the 90s feel to this.

I don't think GB blows out Seattle but it feels like a 34-24 kind of game to me.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Steelers go for two and get it after their first touchdown. Gotta believe that's related to their kicker suck.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Message.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my thought as well. They may not say it, but no way they trust Scobee right now.

Of course, the defense still can't stop anything, so they need all the points they can get.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Judging by the Bucs' uniforms, they want to be Louisville when they grow up.

12. exmediahack

Of course Washington and Cleveland come out like the 85 Bears to start. Makes perfect sense.

Watching NE-BUF. People really talked themselves this week into a Buffalo team with a new QB against the SB champs.

Only turnovers could sink the Pats.

Draft saved Draft deleted