1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

NY Daily News got a pic of JJP's hand:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What's the name of the horror movie he's promoting?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Giants are fools if they sign this guy to a long-term deal.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A long-term deal is not on the table. A one-year tender at $14 million prorated for any games he misses is what they've offered. He can sign it, play out the season, and they can see how he performs before offering him his next contract.

I like the description I saw somewhere (Deadspin maybe) of his hand as looking like the head of Yoda's cane.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Right, but you know if he plays well, there will be pressure to sign him. I doubt that happens because fingers are kinda important for leverage and such, but no way do I give "guaranteed" money to a guy who blew a large part of his hand off.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Giants are trolling him, like a cruel tall kid holding something over the head of a shorter classmate.
    "If you can sign this, you can have your $14 million. Why won't you sign it? Oh, right, you can't. So, so sorry."

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

The over-under on this game should be 12.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

1) Peters looks really good through 2 weeks.
    2) Manning's had a noodle arm since coming back from his neck surgery. But now it looks like it's gone from fettuccine to gnocchi (from bad to worse. pasta analogies are hard. don't judge).
    3) I'm more surprised by the total lack of a running game from a Kubiak offense.

10. bigpern23

If he plays well, doesn't that indicate that the injury isn't an issue and he's worth signing to market value deal?

11. Mr. Sunshine

Not if he's prone to making ill-fated decisions. Off-the-field concerns have to come into play when you're making a long-term investment.

12. bigpern23

Meh. Setting off fireworks on the Fourth of July is pretty low on the list of off-field concerns NFL teams have to deal with. The fact that he screwed it up isn't a concern if he can still play. I'm fairly certain he won't be lighting off anything more powerful than a sparkler next Independence Day.

Draft saved Draft deleted