1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is great:

@BenStandig: No respect: For Week 2, FanDuel ranks Kirk Cousins below Chad Henne, Michael Vick ...and RG3

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

3. Peyton has back issues. he's going to have trouble with a short week and a stout Chiefs defense.

I'd love to see Buffalo crush NE. But I have no faith in Rex'n(Ty)Rod to score a lot of points.
    I like SD again, and the Redskins.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Marshawn did not get his reticence from Momma.

"Too the smart azz media who wrote that's why marshawn didn't get the ball in the superbowl ,how many times did russell get sacked yesterday," Delisa wrote in the Facebook post. "Dont worry i will wait on the answer plus it was totally different at the superbowl the line was better than yesterday no blocking and to the offense caller who should have been fired yes i said it Fired !!! He is the worst play-caller ever the only reason he called that dumb azz play yesterday is to be able to justify the 1 yard that wasn't called in the superbowl ,but most fans already figured this out .were still on a mission but i know the Seahawks staff loves that play caller more than a win ,go figure ‪#‎nfldontpayme# I love this team and will stand up to anybody who tries to destroy it boom!!!!"

5. JackReacher

That post really has it all. It's tremendous.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It makes me want to see -- even more -- the "real Marshawn" documentary that was scrapped.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Boom! goes the dynamite!

8. I learned everything I know from the Prince of Predictions. ... He also calls himself a Swami.

SWAMI SEZ (Week 3)

9. JackReacher

"I didn't love you before, Peyton. Even when you were in Indianapolis, even when you won a Super Bowl for the Colts during the 2006 season. I didn't love you even when you made me cry with laughter in "Saturday Night Live" or those goofy ESPN commercials.
    I never felt a particular genuineness about you. I felt more of a robotic aloofness. I'm not sure why. I know now that was my problem, not yours.
    But I want to tell you something. I do love you now. I love you for what you did for my childhood friend from Greenfield, Ind., who is dying of breast cancer."

What Peyton Manning did for my friend, dying of breast cancer

BTExpress and old_tony like this.
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great stuff from both Manning and the writer.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not to echo Marshawn's mom ... but here's a question about the end of last week's Seahawks loss:

Can't spread teams EVER have the QB take a snap under center? It's 4th and 1, Wilson's in the shotgun/spread, and in the view from behind the offense, you can see that the Rams have no defenders lined up directly across from the center or in either guard/center gap.

Uh, what's wrong with walking up behind the center, tapping him for a quick snap and picking up an easy first down?

poindexter likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You sound like a kindergarten kid. #BlakeBortles

Draft saved Draft deleted