1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread -- Tim Couch still sucks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

At the very least, the bag of practice balls will be assigned to multiple players to carry around the facility, never to let out of grasp, much less out of sight.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Never underestimate the ability of the Atlanta Falcons to gag one away.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That kick defied physics. It was going straight sideways at the 46-yard line. How it even made it to the 50, I have no idea.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was talking about the fake punt run up the middle on fourth-and-5.

Dallas tried two fake punts and failed at both.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know. If I'm the Cowboys' special teams coach, I slip out the side door and hope my key card works Monday morning.

Once is unacceptable. But twice?

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Against, of all teams, the Jets.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And just like that, Justin Herbert has made his NFL debut and ran one in for his first TD as a Charger.
    Red Zone report said Tyrod Taylor out due to a "pregame chest injury."

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Today's goofy NFL note: The Cowboys-Falcons game was the second time an NFL game has finished with a 40-39 score. The first was the Chiefs over the Browns in 2002. Both of them had rather unusual circumstances that led to a game-winning field goal as time expired.
    Today's game had the Cowboys' huge comeback and an onside kick that led to the winning field goal.
    In Browns-Chiefs, the Browns were hit with a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the final play of the game because one of their players took his helmet off in celebration during the play, at an apparent game-ending fumble. The first down gave the Chiefs an untimed down and moved the m into range for Morten Andersen's 30-yard game-winner. The Chiefs also came back from a 13-point deficit in the last 10 minutes to win.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Quinn has to be gone by the time the plane lands, right? That's a decent team that deserves a better coach.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Falcons' Q wishes he was anon right now.

Usually the NFC East winner wins by default, and this year it looks like it'll be Jerry's Kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted