1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread -- Tim Couch still sucks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

All I see is a guy running for his life and checking down to the TE.

He could be excellent. I can't tell from last night.

JC likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But Burrow got the backdoor cover for my Miami Heat/Bengals 2 team parlay.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Mayfield will party his way out of the league. Burrow will be around for a while.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Take a look at what Mark Sanchez did his final season at USC. Then look at what Burrow did last year. See the difference?

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Burrow had a record breaking season.

But why was Burrow unable to start at Ohio State? Do you believe Dwayne Haskins is extraordinarily talented? And why was Burrow mediocre at LSU his junior year?

I watched almost all his 61 throws (I watched the end of the NBA game and missed a few). But in the 61 passes he threw did he ever throw a pass that you looked at and said "My God, what a talent". If I had watched Mahomes, Marino or Rogers throw 61 passes I think I would have probably seen glimmers of great talent even if they played on bad teams. I did not think I saw that last night.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't know how much we can really learn from last night, though I saw a few really impressive throws in the part of the game I watched. I'm questioning the Sanchez comparison. Burrow was so much better in his final year of college football than Sanchez that it isn't even funny.

I don't know that what happened at Ohio State means much. Sometimes the light just doesn't go on at first. Joe Flacco ended up at Delaware be cause he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt. He ended up a decent starting quarterback in the NFL for 10 years, including a very good season for a Super Bowl championship team. Sure, being in the right system and having great talent around him was a big part of Burrow's senior year, but he still had to make the plays and he did it at an unprecedented level.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So you’re saying he’s got a butt-fumble in his future?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Joe Burrows is one of the most poised field leaders - aka a winner - to come into the NFL in years.
    He’ll be on par with Mahomes in terms of being the QB you want on your team by Year Four.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Adam Gase SLUMPBUSTER!! week for 49ers.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Do the Cowboys suck, or what?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

FTFY

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Do GB fans still own the rights to FireMikeMcCarthy.com? I assume they would transfer it for $1?

Draft saved Draft deleted