1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread -- Tim Couch still sucks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Why are the announcers wearing Hall of Fame blazers??

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I assume they are wearing the original MNF jackets -- tonight is the 50th anniversary of the first MNF game

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Allegiant is the perfect stadium naming rights partner. When fans are allowed, the majority of that place will be cheering for the visitor. And, yes, Appleton /Green Bay is an Allegiant destination.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If they were looking to send a message, I think they succeeded.
    So the NCAA has a Chief Medical Officer but no authority to do anything like this to a college football coach at the sport's highest levels. Amazing.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

New York Post, I nod in your general direction.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kraft better never ever speak of any morality issues beyond today. So his right to privacy was invaded against criminal prosecution, okay, don’t want to encourage secret govt recordings against anyone but we the public know now whether Kraft violates the law or not. (Not victimless crime, encourages sexual by owners )

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Get the feeling that the NFL announces fines like this but never actually collects?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love that NFL Films is providing the "live crowd noise" to teams, culling from the previous three years of home crowds. Made me happy that the first cheers heard inside the Death Star were from Oakland. Can't believe the Raiders won that game.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FTFY

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I disagree with both of these. The stadium looks great, I think. It is in a fantastic spot.

Go ahead and slay me: I think the Raiders fans are up with Steelers fans as the best in the league. They are loyal as shit. The Raiders keep saying that their season ticket base is fans, and I believe them.

Raiders treated the Oakland fans like absolute garbage, and the fans did nothing in return but say, "Thank you, sir. May I have another?"

Southwest airlines is going to be packed with Raider fans from the Bay area on game days, and the I-15 from LA is going to be clogged on Raider home weekends. The Vegas Golden Knight fan base is good, and I think the Vegas locals will embrace the Raiders.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That drive is over eight hours. How many people do you really think are going to do that eight times a year?

Draft saved Draft deleted