1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Thread: Tim Couch is married to a Playboy Playmate and you're not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There already is one. It's just that the Michael Vick argument on this thread took on a life of its own.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, I can't seem to find it. I have searched everything I can think of to search.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It has Marcus Dupree in the title and it involves riveting discussion of the comatose stylings of Lovie Smith.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

It was started right after I asked for someone to start it. Which is why I couldn't find it :)

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Does "take a pill mean "allow me to make shit up"? Sorry, I've ignored quite a few little embellishments around here, but it was a bit more than I could look past when I saw a post claim in succession that Dupree 1) "had moves that had not been seen to that point"-bullshit; 2) "regularly hurdled defenders mid-run"-bullshit; and 3) "was a superstar in the USFL."-bullshit. One little fib I can let slide, three right in a row like that I gotta call you on it.

And, wait, so after condescendingly lecturing Ryan like the far more knowledgeable one, it turns out that you're basing your claims about what he supposedly "regularly" did on the same 30 for 30 piece we all saw? I saw it too, saw a lot of awesome highlights in there, but can't say I remember much in the way of "hurdling." And, even if there was a hurdling highlight, can't say that fact impresses me much if it was against small town HS competition. TONS of runners have hurdled players in HS, great runners do all sorts of crazy shit in HS that stops when they start playing grown ups.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Whenever I think of Marcus Dupreee, I think of Soul-Glo.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

and former Blue Jay Juan Guzman.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not at all. "Take a pill" means we see you're smarter than the rest of the class. I bow to your superior intellect.

Draft saved Draft deleted